Thursday, September 5

Dungeons & Dragons 30 Day Challenge- Day 3

 Favorite playable class: 1st edition Bard at 1st level.

 Not enough? Here's the requirements: Taken from HERE )
To become a bard, a human or half-elf had to begin with very high ability scores: Strength 15+, Wisdom 15+, Dexterity 15+ and Charisma 15+, Intelligence 12+ and Constitution 10+. These daunting requirements made bards one of the rarest character classes. Bards began the game as fighters, and after achieving 5th level (but before reaching 8th level), they had to dual-class as a thief, and after reaching 5th level as a thief (but before reaching 9th level), they had to dual-class again to druid. Once becoming a druid, the character then progressed as a bard.

 Nuff said.

 Still not enough? Fine. I like most of the classes, thieves are fun, rangers are cool, and even barbarians rock. Some of my favorites are a mage carrying two bandoleers of darts (at higher levels they were wands, and did he ever pay for that oversight during an ambush),  my 2nd edition bard (no relation), and my dwarven fighter. Some classes I hate are psionics and pallys. I love character faults but let me say never make your most charismatic class be your biggest douche.

 But truly, my favorite class would be clerics. I mean come on! With 2nd edition and up they could be total bad asses. Need a healer? Cleric! Need a tank to stand of front? Cleric! Need a caster?  Cleric! No thief? Cleric! With the right race/deity combo clerics can game breakers. (Think I'm wrong?) Check this out, one of Eric and my favorite characters is a cleric. (So?) A deep gnome, chaotic neutral, cleric of Icran (I can't remember a name) he was a deity of earth and elementals, most of his spells were earth/elemental based and was completely unencumbered by any weapons or armor he wore if they were made of metal. Oh he could also summon earth elementals. But he was insane as well. And who didn't ever make the generic dwarven cleric of a war deity? Even clerics of thief deities could stand in as an emergency thief. And don't forget the clerics of magic deities, some got more spells than mages and could still wear armor. 

 As for game breakers just think of it this way, Dragonlance couldn't even handle them for a long time, so they took the gods away. Even Forgotten Realms did it during the gods banished to Faerun and magic going wild. Why? Because clerics will Pump (handclap) You Up! 


 And don't think I'll forget about the baddest cleric of all time.....Jaccob Sorrow. So to sum up, my favorite class would have to be Clerics. FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment